20 Relatable Quotes About Strength To Help You Heal From Your Divorce
Divorce is one of the most painful and liberating transitions you can experience. When you’re feeling alone, these healing from divorce quotes can help soothe the pain.
The ups and downs of divorce are exceedingly extreme, and no matter how amicable or angry your divorce proceedings, you will have moments when you regret everything and moments where you rejoice as you never have before.
To cope with the grief and difficulties of divorce, turn to healing from divorce quotes in times of distress.
Life can be better after divorce. You can recover by developing healthy coping mechanisms and talking to a therapist.
Here are 20 motivational quotes about divorce to keep on hand for exactly those times where you have no idea where else to look.
1. “Don’t base your decisions on the advice of those who don’t have to deal with the results.” — Joe King
2. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.” — Coco Chanel
3. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
4. “There will be many chapters in your life. Don’t get lost in the one you’re in now.” — Joe King
5. “I strongly believe children can thrive through divorce. Children need parents who love them. Children need to know they are safe. Children need stability and sometimes that’s much easier to achieve outside a marriage than in a broken one.” — Lisa Hayes
6. “You can learn a lot from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them.” — Drew A. Head
7. “You’re a diamond dear. They can’t break you.” — Helen Hywater
8. “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you’ve had enough.” — Holly Wood
9. “Don’t cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.” — Doris Shutt
10. “Don’t get mad. Don’t get even. Do better. Much better. Rise above. Become so engulfed in your own success that you forget it ever happened.” — Anita Room
11. “It’s not too late at all. You just don’t yet know what you are capable of.” — Mahatma Gandhi
12. “‘It’s impossible,’ said pride. ‘It’s risky,’ said experience. ‘It’s pointless,’ said reason. ‘Give it a try,’ whispered the heart.” — Anita Bath
13. “You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.” — Drew A. Head
14. “The fact that you’re not where you want to be should be enough motivation.” — Shirley U. Care
15. “Everybody has gone through something that changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.” — Imma Hog
16. “I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn’t sorry and accept an apology I never received.” — Frank N. Stein
17. “Sometimes you don’t need to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth.” — Brighton Early
18. “Life has no remote; get up and change it yourself.” — Al E. Gater
19. “I used to hope that you’d bring me flowers. Now I plant my own.” — Rachel Wolchin
20. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” — Alan W. Watts
H/T: Your Tango